Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Is it normal that my eco tec 618 boiler makes a very loud

Customer Question

is it normal that my eco tec 618 boiler makes a very loud throbbing noise when the radiater icon flashes ? when this happens the screen does not flag up a fault code! the noise happens several times day and night ! I have been told several times by "EXPERTS" NO FAULT CODE NO FAULT !!! but PLAINLY there is .The only way to stop this is to press the reset button or to switch the whole system down . the"EXPERTS" asked me record the sound to prove that there is a problem .presumably they think i have lost the plot !
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi , this sound can usually be associated with the firing of the boiler when the fan starts and the burner fires. As long as it doesn't last long,ie 10 seconds, its nothing to worry about. As it normally settles down as the fan modulates down