carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

My Bosch hedge trimmer AHS 48-16 has worked perfectly and

My Bosch hedge trimmer AHS 48-16 has worked perfectly for years and stopped suddenly. I have checked all the electrical connections and they are fine. What else can I do? I can't take it apart as all the screws are worn
M Barclay
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I suspect the carbon brushes on the motor are worn and that is preventing it from going, the only way to replace them or check them is to take the unit apart. If the screws are cross head it would be worth trying a small flat bladed screwdriver pressed very hard into the screw to see if you can undo the screws. you could also drill out the screws but that would mean that they would need to be replaced after repair.

If the screw heads are not recessed you can use a pair of side cutters to turn the screw head.