JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Delonghi Perfecta Cappuccino i havent used it in a

Customer Question

I have a Delonghi Perfecta Cappuccino i havent used it in a few years but i have just cleaned it and the 'Fill Tank' warning is showing even though the float is free
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The most likely reason the warning is coming up is because its not detecting the tank.

With the machine powered off, remove and refit the tank, when inserting the tank it should be pushed right back until you hear a click (at which point it locks into place). Once the tank is correctly inserted power the machine on, if the same error shows, this could suggest a sensor fault.

At this point follow the maintenance schedule on page 17-19 of the manual (a copy can be found here), if after maintenance the unit still doesnt detect the tank, I would look to arrange for its repair, a list of repair centres can be found at the bottom of the page found here.

Please let me know if you require anything clarified.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seriously ? Obviously Its not detecting the tank and its a sensor fault that's why i mentioned the float is free, I was expecting some instruction on a control reset or advice on how to access the sensor and spare parts information. Did i really just pay 16 quid for an excerpt from a manual i own ? the site said Delonghi Technicians ...
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This is not something I would suggest you do yourself, a home repair of this nature can lead to electrical fires as this is a high energy appliance.

I will opt out and let another engineer respond who may be willing to talk you through the steps required to strip down the unit, apologies I should have set expectation at the outset.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to be clear you are not a delonghi Tech ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Like the technicians at the service centres referenced on the Delgoni website, I support and service a range of manufactures, Delonghi is just one of those.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think this site is very misleading ... I appreciate this is not your fault my expectation was that i would be talking to an expert familiar with the product.I'm a highly experienced Industrial Tech, i was looking for a shortcut but i guess ill have to get stuck in