Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have ice forming on the back wall of the fridge, is this

Customer Question

I have ice forming on the back wall of the fridge, is this normal or a sign that the fridge is caput?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** a couple of questions - does the refrigerator switch itself on and off. How thick is the ice and if you put your hand on the compressor (motor) at the back is it hot or just warm.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do not know about switching on and off. There are chuncks of ice and about an inch of water underneath the fruit container. Motor hot

Would you kindly give me the model number of your Indesit please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a built in appliance and I can not see the data you are asking for. I mean is this normal or you do not have a clue why the ice?!

It is usually a sign that the appliance is short of refrigerant but I need the model number to see which one the model is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am making a strong complaint and want my money back.There has to be a general guide line as to why would any fridge have ice on the back wall!!!
Thank you, ***** *****

I will pass on your request to customer care. The general guide for this problem is listed above. I wish you a good day.