carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

My fridge freezer had to be moved a few times as I have had

Hi. My fridge freezer had to be moved a few times as I have had the kitchen refurbished and a new floor laid, It was unplugged for a short while both while the screed dried and when the floor was laid. It was possibly also moved a bit but still plugged in while shelves and a cupboard were fitted into the pantry recess.
Since then it is not working properly. The freezer seems to be keeping things frozen but the fridge is not getting cold.
What do you think has happened? on top of everything else that has not gone quite right with this refurbish I am really cheeses off about it!
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the fridge and I am afraid I don't have much good news. I suspect in moving the fridge either a pipe has got damaged and let the refrigerant out or the compressor has stopped working. When fridges are moved it is often worth letting the settle upright a while before turning them back on this is more to do with ensure that the oil that is mixed with the refrigerant is in the compressor for when it starts. If the oil is not in the compressor I have known compressors pack up when starting up due to the lack of oil.

Could you send me the model number and make of the fridge and I will see if there is anything you could check.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay but did not hear from you before I went out to church. Not sure of the exact details but have found my instructions. It is a CA55 xx , or a CAA or NCAA 55.Haven't found more specific details yet.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry I cannot find any common faults listed with your model of fridge. I don't think it would be economical to have the fridge repaired some fridges are not really designed to be repaired the large american style fridges are often designed to be repaired but normally small domestic fridge/freezers are not. The cost of repair could be near the cost of a new fridge/freezer.

I am sorry I cannot help more.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was of limited help and I decided to contact the manufacturer and from that discovered the fridge freezer is still under warranty and so will be repaired freeof charge. With hindsight I should have done this first and so saved myself the not inconsiderable fee!