carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

I have a dishwasher SM 169T05GB/23. It has been working

Customer Question

I have a dishwasher SM 169T05GB/23. It has been working normally. It didn't drain properly when last used and now the Rinse Aid and Water lights are both flashing when I switch it on. It won't let me get in to any programmes. We have completely cleaned it and still no result
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Iain,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Does the dishwasher have any water in it still? I suspect it could be a blockage on the drain pipe. The best thing to try is to remove the drain pipe from the waste pipework of your house and place it into a bucket and see if the dishwasher will pump any more water out. The blockage could be anywhere from the base of the dishwasher to the waste pipes in your house.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. I'll try that. Thanks
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how you get on and if you need any more help feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm only managing to work with it when I get home from work. It still won't work. There appears to be a blockage. I can sometimes blow back through the discharge pipe but othertimes it feels blocked. The impeller is moving freely. If I fill the discharge pipe with water it will flow out but it doesn't draw water through from the machine. I am imagining a problem with the pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Although the sump is completely clear of all water the salt sump is still full. don't know whether you would expect this.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

It does sound like a pump problem. I would recommend taking the pipes off the pump and visually checking for blockages. The salt sump is normally full of water all of the time.

To get to the pump you will need to roll the washer on its side and hopefully the bottom will have a cover plate and once removed you should see the pump and all pipework.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Did you manage to check the pump and the pipework. Please let me know if you need more advice

Please remember to rate my service