Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Rangemaster Dishwasher RDW6012F1/SF. When selecting

I have a Rangemaster Dishwasher RDW6012F1/SF. When selecting the wash that I always use (Tablet 95 55/65degree) then close the door the machine bleeps and shows error E6. The pump to empty keeps running and is definitely doing its job as I have put water in the machine and it pumps it out. It seems as though the machine does not think it is empty.
Any advice would be grateful.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

The Rangemaster engineer server is being updated at the moment - but first thing to do is remove the kickstrip and gain access to the base area (ie below the wash cavity) check and see if there is any water in there and come back to me - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
removed 2 x 185mm x75mm black covers at bottom front of machine and behind is black plastic sticky foam or similar. cannot see any evidence of water outside of the machine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apart from cutting out the foam stuff there is no access to the underside of the machine

OK you will have to remove the side panels if you are undable to push the sound deadening material out of the way behind the inspection panels.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removed mains supply and water supply and outlet. Pulled machine out. Water on floor when tilted. Took it outside and removed bottom panel. Water under the machine lifting the polystyrene which activated the microswitch. Thanks for your help. Buying new one tomorrow. Not worth repairing.

Well before you do that just let it dry out and retry the appliance, there is a safety valve in the appliance which releases steam into the base to prevent kids from getting a face full of steam if they open the door during a wash cycle, over time this can cause the base to fill up with water. So try it out of its cavity and if it goes right the way through you could save yourself the cost of a new appliance. In the meantime would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and enjoy your evening - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is out now. The performance of the machine has not been brilliant lately so I will just get a new one. Thanks for your help.

Ok many thanks - Ian