carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

RYOBI DRILL CDC1802 with a note 08 2009 which I presume

RYOBI DRILL CDC1802 with a note 08 2009 which I presume means that it was purchased in Aug. 2009, so well out of warranty.I moved house in Oct. 2015 and the drill, associated battery and charger have been in storage since then. Up to Oct.15 the drill and charger worked perfectly.
I retrieved the drill etc. yesterday and put it on charge over night. This morning I found the charger light green and assumed it was now fully charged. In fact the drill does not function and shows no sign of life.
What is your diagnosis?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Donald,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I suspect it is the battery that has failed, the best way to check this would be with a multi meter if you have access to one you could test the battery voltage.

Have you tried to charge the battery again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I do have a multi meter somewhere but there are something like 50-60 boxes it could be in and we are still unpacking from a house move so I do not know where to look at this time. I will take the entire kit to a local stockist and I suspect they will come to the same conclusion as you and try to persuade me to buy a whole new kit.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

If your local stockist could test the battery for you if the battery is faulty you should be able to purchase a new battery, If the drill is the problem it may not be worth repairing I don't think parts are too easy to come buy. It may be worth shopping around if you need to buy a new drill as screwfix often have some good deals on drills.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not wish to call, I think I know where this problem is going, but thanks for asking