Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Our Samsung TV model UE55D8000 won't turn on. Remote is

Our Samsung TV model UE55D8000 won't turn on. Remote is lighting up, and has fresh batteries. No clicking sound. Any ideas as to whether there are any simple things we might try to fix this, before calling for repair?
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Im sorry to hear that.

How old is your TV?

Also were there any storms or power outages just prior to this problem?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no TV is probably around 5 years old,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry that was "no" to power outages or storms, working fine last night
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for that.

Are you sure there is power at the outlet? I have to ask so I can be sure where we go next;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

you shoudl check that outlet by plugging something like a lamp into that outlet to be sure;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Gotta be sure we have power lol

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we have done that, fuse in plug is fine, and other appliances work from that socket, and trying TV in different socket doesn't make a diffreence
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

This TV unfortunately needs a new power board, it simply plugs in no soldering is required for this one ;-)

Let me knwo if you would like to replace this board with my help, or if you will have it serviced locally?

If you dont have the tools to do this or dont want to make this repair let me knwo also?

You can get that board from: shopjimmy.com for a great price!

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Michael given that the TV was soooo expensive we may get a professional in, but helpful to know we could try replacing the power board, I am guessing if we do that we should check the parts number on the one already in to be 100% sure we are ordering the right one? So if I rate you now I can still ask follow up questions on this specific thread about this matter without further charge?
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Hi yes once you rate your question will still be open for 30 days;-)

Have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks for your help, I was a bit hesitant about using this service as I would usually just look in a forum, but I couldn't find what I needed there, I will let you know how we get on, and be back for advice if we do go the DIY route, hope you have a good day too
Ali
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Thanks Ali!