Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a 7 year old eco-star Siemens dishwasher with it's

Hi, we have a 7 year old eco-star Siemens dishwasher with it's first fault. Water inlet symbol is on indicating possible blockage ? Have checked the obvious and all seems well. The inlet pipe is fitted with a non serviceable switch/valve and guessing this may be the problem. Water has seeped out from under the appliance and is this an indication that it now needs replacing? Any advice would be most welcome. Thank-you.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Im sorry to hear that.

Anyhow you are correct, you will need a new water inlet valve (solenoid.)

It's pretty easy to replace if you are handy and have a few basic hand tools, I will help with that as well;-)

The best place to get a new water inlet valve for that machine is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

I would call them to make sure you get the correct one;-)

Also if you call, they ship same day in most cases!

Please call: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Kitchen Spares » Dishwashers » Siemens

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,
Many thanks for your reply. I have found the part on ransomspares website but at just under £100 I think it would make more sense to replace the appliance in case the problem is more complex. Thanks again,
Kind regards,
Barry
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hey Barry you're more than welcome;-)

Have a great Sunday!

Tech Michael