Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We are in France weeks. Our Autotrail Apache 2010 has a

Hi we are in France for 3 weeks. Our Autotrail Apache 2010 has a Thetford fridge freezer N97. It will work on mains , battery or gas for about 4 four minutes then starts to blink. The freezer has no frost and the find at the side of the van are not particularly cold. Please help. We need coldness. X Dale and Chris.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris, sorry to hear that.

The first thing to check is the thermostat. You will need a meter for that.

But in most cases when you get this problem on this one, it will be the main board and thermostat that I would replace at the same time.

If you want to fix this, these parts are easy to change out if you are handy and have a few basic hand tools. I will help all the way as well.

The best way to get those components is: http://www.thecaravanspecialists.co.uk/fridges-and-spares/thetford-fridge-spares

Its best to call them to place the order because they ship same day if you call;-)

The Caravan Specialists
The Workshop
Newby
Lancaster
LA2 8HS

Telephone:
01524 251100

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael ,thanks , however we are in the wilds of Southern France so sending for a thermostat isn't an option. Are there any quick fixes to see us through the next 2 weeks ??