Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Could you give me some help...I have bought a house in

Hi...Could you give me some help...I have bought a house in France with a Belling county chef 100 DF ant. The stove has a few problems.... can you give me some guidance please.
1. The main oven (lower left... seems to start and the red light comes on. As soon as the top left grill oven is switched on the mains fuse trips out.
2. The right oven and time light led don't work at all....
any help will be very useful...
Thanks Jon.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is*****'m a UK Belling Engineer. Firstly take note of this product code -###-##-####-- this will be needed in the future. Lets go through this in stages +

a. From what you have said the lower left hand conventional oven is working fine - Yes?

b. The grill oven if switched on trips the electric - Yes?

C. Main fan oven doesnt work at all and there is no display ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a multimeter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.. and I am speaking to you from the UK.. the cooker is in France and I will have a go at it when I go over in August.
If you can suggest a possible selection of likely parts I will take a kit with me. I am not too bothered if I get a few unnecessary component's. I will change them anyway, possibly saving future problems...Cheers

OK buy a cheap multimeter with decent length probles for about £10. Should be able to measure AC volts and have a continuity beeper. Then parts --

Left hand oven - grill element

Main Oven is a little more tricky as it could be just a thermal fuse that has blown or the selector switch, thermostat, minute minder or oven element. Probably best to check things when you get there rather than spending lots on parts you dont really need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay.. Thanks.. good start. Are these robust cookers?

Middle of the range, spare parts easy to get as is the technical information if needed. Could I now ask you to rate the information given to allow me to close the job down on my screen. Once done you can come back to me at anytime for further information on a free of charge basis - just log back onto this question and you will be routed to my desk. Thank you for using JA and have a good day. Ian