JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Miele T7734 tumble dryer. Every so often, mostly when we

Customer Question

Miele T7734 tumble dryer.
Every so often, mostly when we have put the machine on timer overnight, the red light is flashing "Clean out Airways". The cycle has clearly not been completed as the load is still damp.
On a few occasions I have set machine up and sat and watched it and if it is going to playup it seems the flashing light and message always come up about 4/5 mins into the cycle. If I turn off machine and start again it will often carry on and work correctly although sometimes it takes two restarts it make it carry on working. I have cleaned out the airways as much as I can in machine and making sure the vent pipe is clear. To be honest nothing has ever appeared to be what I would call blocked with air being able to vent out with no visible obstruction. Could this be some sort of sensor problem?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** I will answer your question.

It could be the issue is due to a sensor fault, however at this time as its intermittent I would suggest we disable this functionality.

This can be disabled by following the instructions found in the manual on page 55, a copy can be found here. You want to change the option to 0 (disabled).

Please then test the dryer again and let me know if you continue to have issues.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello James,
Thanks for your advice. It would seem I've managed to input option 0 ok. Will be setting up dryer to come on with a load on cheap rate tonight so can I get back to you tomorrow to confirm all OK.
Many thanks again, David Gale
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi David, just wanted to check in and see if your still having issues with your dryer?

James