Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Yesterday, my caffe corso machine stopped working. It has

Customer Question

Yesterday, my caffe corso machine stopped working. It has the descaling warning light on but I've been ignoring it since I use filtered water. When I turn it back on in the switch, it first lights up but then all lights are extinguished except for the descaling warning.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

What model of Caffee Corso do you have the problem with?

Water filters and water softeners only remove a percentage of minerals from the water, lime scale is the main cause of scale, however there are many other minerals which can build up on the element.

Have you tried descaling the unit? Alot of the machines perform a self check as you turn them on, and if they detect a high degree of scale, they will not start the element to prevent it from failing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This reply doesn't help me. After testing it, the situation is as follows;
1. The machine is turned off on the back switch
2. When I turn it on, I have no chance of doing anything. The buttons are not responsive. They light during startup and then they go all off, not being responsive to touch.
3. I've used only filtered water which should leave no problem with descaling
4. I found no other way to start it up but I assume it should be something easy.The machine, besides having caffe corso written on it, has no other reference. It has 4 top buttons, two mid-level knobs plus a third one for vapour production and two other buttons just by the side of the lights.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The issue is scale, caused by your filtered water, if the unit is locked up and unresponsive this is probably due to faulty element. You will need to take the unit into a service centre.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I am Carl and I will try and help with your question. Do the lights flash any fault codes. The descale light is likely to come on at set intervals maybe after 100 cups of coffee or so.