Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

How can I clean the burner/jet on a RM123 please

Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Hi I would like to help you with this.

May I have the Make and full model # ***** your appliance so I can be sure what to tell you?

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi - it's a domestic RM123 3 way fridge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dometic not domestic!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello???
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Anyone there????
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Yes I am here

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ah splendid - thought I'd just thrown away my money!
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

The best way to clean this is to remove the burner assembly from the fridge. But it may simply need basic clean out. You can do that with compressed air. In most cases the jet and tube assembly simply get webs and dust in there and that causes all the trouble.

Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

To do this, you wont need to take much apart

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok.....
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I remove it?
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Just the back covers to expose the burner. Then the best way to clean it is to use an air hose with a nozzle that blows a strong jet of air make sure you get all the webbing and dust out of the jet and flame area, and you should be good to go;-)

To open the cover, its on the outside of the camper or what have you, then you need to remove a few screws and the cover that shields the burner so you dont have fire risks.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That hasn't really told me anything I don't already know!! How do I remove the burner shield? There are lots of covers & screws & I need to identify the burner
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

It looks like a small tube with a screen over it in most cases.

Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Hi I am still working with you.

Please reconsider your rating as this is my livelihood and I will continue if you will do that

poor ratings hurt my excellent standing here.

Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

To blow that out is a very easy task and there really isn't much back there once you remove the shield other than the burner assembly.

In any case I wish you the best and if you still need me Im here for you.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok - I'll see if I can identify it
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Im still with you...

Please re rate there is no cost for that.

I will be with you until this is working the way it should. Even if you have to remove the entire jet assembly, which you should NOT need to do. I have done thousands of these myself lol;-)

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.