Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

How do you remove a f21 fault signal from a bosch classixx 6

How do you remove a f21 fault signal from a bosch classixx 6 1200 express washing machine. I have had a number responses to this query on line that recommends putting the dial to 12 o clock, then put to 6, press in the spin button, turn to 7 and hold for 15 seconds, or variations of this, however there is no spin button on my model ??, thanks KieranBR
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the model number of the washer please. It will be on a sticker on the inside of the door and starts E-nr.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E-nr. WAE24363GB/05 FD8803610070
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** a few minuites while i look the service info up and i will get back to you then.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Looking at the service info that model does have a spin button.

Look at the row of lights were the spin speed lights are and under them is a button. Thats the spin reduce button.

Do what you have see with turning the dial from 12 oclock to 6 olclock

Press that spin reduce button and hold it in.

Turn the dial 1 click clockwise and hold for a further 15 seconds and then turn the dial to off.

That should reset the error code. Now it can take several tries to do it but it will clear it.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** didnt know that the button in question was the spin button because it did'nt highlight it as such. Should I change the motor bushes ??
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If you have cleared the code retry it and see what happens.

But if you find it happens again or the drum isnt turning then yes you need to replace the carbon brushes in the motor and im sure that will cure it from there as most of the time for the F21 error code its worn brushes that cause this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome. If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open and ive not heard back from you?