Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Samsung fridge freezer model number RL40LGSW1/XEU

I have a Samsung fridge freezer model number RL40LGSW1/XEU and the fridge part has suddenly stopped working is this repairable please?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your fridge?

Also is it just not cooling?

Is the there any heavy frost on the inside rear wall of the freezer section?

Or is the whole thing just getting warm?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
4 or 5 years old
Yes not cooling
There is slight signs of frost on the right hand side of the freezer drawers assumed this was due to the fact turned freezer up
Whole thing not getting warm it seems fridge is at room temperature
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

What we need to do first is to unplug this one and defrost it for 24 hours with e the doors open. Be sure to put down a towel on the floor in the fridge and the freezer to catch any water that leaks when it defrosts.

Once that has been done, you will plug it back in and let me know what it does, I need to know if it starts running. Then if not you will need to remove the lower rear cover where the compressor is so we can check a few things but Im sure its fixable.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am slightly baffled by your response as it is a frost free fridge freezer that never needs defrosting so basically there is nothing to defost.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi, dont be baffled, whe any fridge isnt working correctly they dont hold true to there frost free normal operation. That is a lot of the trouble ;-)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thanks I will give what you suggested a go first.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

you mat need a part, but we need to defrost first so we can be sure of what's actually going on.

I have been repairing fridges for over 35 yeas hands on and I do know this model well;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Please rate kindly as this may cure the issue, also once you rate, your question will remain open for 30 days ;-)

Thanks for understanding.

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you want me to rate you now although I will not know for 24 hours if the problem has been rectified? Just realised can't turn off at moment until I get my spare freezer up and running to avoid ruining my food so I can transfer the food to the spare freezer. Will be in touch thank you for your help.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi yes that will be fine no additional cost for that, and it will keep your question safe with me ;-)

I will be here when you are ready and have further questions on this as well. I will help you and if you are handy you can do the testing and work which is actually pretty easy.

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.