Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My siemens built in microwave emitted a flash of flame from

My siemens built in microwave emitted a flash of flame from the revolving part at the top of the oven. Can you tell me what the fault is please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the model number of the microwave please. It will be on a sticker on the inside of the door as you open it and starts E-nr.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HB86P572B
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that.

Is there something like a bit of card board were the sparking is comming from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the top of the oven there is an insulated disc below which is flat blade in the shape of a segment of a circle. This revolves when you switch the microwave on. Every time it revolves a flash of flame comes out and there is a smell.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok that part is what we call the splitter and the wave guide. As when the magantron fires up it sends the microwaves waves through there and the splitter bounces the waves around inside the oven itself.

Now check there and make sure you have now bare metal exposed there as if there is then the waves arch on there and causes the flashes.

But if thats all fine and given the fact you have a burning smell then the tip of the magantron itself could have burnt out. As if it does then it also sends sparks in there. Now for this the oven will need to be removed and the magantron can be replaced from there.

So first ceck the spitter at the top and check fro any bare metal were the coating has come off and if thats all fine then its possibley the maganron itself at fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Thanks for your help.