George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have a Samsung built in oven bf30n3t11 and a Samsung

We have a Samsung built in oven bf30n3t11 and a Samsung ceramic glass hob c61r2aee purchased 26 Aug 2013. From we purchased it we have had problems when oven is on a long time hob won't work sometimes for a few hours but last week it took 1 1/2 days to cool down and come back on!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Have you removed the appliance from its housing an checked the operation of the appliances cooling fan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean oven. How exactly can I check that? Ps this has been a problem since bought.

Yes I mean oven.. but the word appliance is the word I choose to use.

Pull out the appliance from its cavity onto a secure standing and turn it on.. Check to see if after it has heated, the cooling fan at the rear of the oven operates.

Also, let me know what the model of the hob is.. This will be on the underneath of the hob and available to see when the oven is removed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can see the fan and hear it going at back of oven when you look in so we didn't pull out yet.Hob model is c61r2aee
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also does it cost extra for me to ring you as the e mailing is very slow.Thanks

The fan you are referring to is the forced air fan... That is used to distribute the heat as evenly as possible throughout the oven interior..

The fan that I am referring to is at the rear of the appliance.. That is used for cooling the cavity, dispersing the heat from the cavity.

You do need to check the fan at the rear... If this is not working correctly then the heat will build-up to a point that the heat affects other appliances and units.

Yes it does cost more to contact me.. I will send you the request in-case you wish to do this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been working so I have not had a chance to pull out yet. Will do it at weekend and get back to you.

Understood... I will await your response

Please rate the assistance I have given you so far.. I will then make my self available to whoever you find to assist you with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Send me picture of where I will find fan. We have pulled oven out.Thanks

Image is in the link below.. you will find the fan under the top cover of the oven as pictured.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That fan is working - it is moving round and blowing out air above oven door so what else could be wrong.

The the fault is not with the oven and will be with one of the following:

• Not sufficient air-space surrounding the appliances
  • Fault in the connection of the cable to the connection point at the wall
  • Fault in the connection of the hob within the terminal block
  • Fault in the mainboard of the hob
  • Fault in the control board of the hob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would you test if there was a fault in the cable to the connection point at the wall.

[POWER OFF] Take off the cover and physically check the cable tightness and condition where it is screwed to the terminal in the connection box.

A loose Live or Neutral cable will cause the fault that you are describing.

There are other continuity and drawage tests that you can do if you have the equipment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The green and yellow (earth) cable was loose. What that affect?

This can cause irregularities, but worst of all this is extremely unsafe. The earthing of a high power appliance is an absolute must.. Aside from the fact that it can throw-up unusual faults if it is not corrected, IT IS DANGEROUS. If a fault occurs within the insulation of a component inside the appliance and there is no earth attached to that appliance, the user can be fatally injured.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Time will tell. When I originally contacted Samsung they mentioned needing an insulation plate between hob and oven to prevent hob getting too hot. Does that make sense? If so where can you buy?

Yes, but if you had it installed professionally then there will already be one in place, or should I say there should be one in place. It is all part of the installation .. (Sufficient ventilation space surrounding the oven and sufficient protection from the oven.)

.

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can I buy as they don't know where? I bought hob and oven as kit and there was no installation kit!

They are not bought as a stock item but are usually made by the fitter.

The insulation plate is usually either a sheet of wood (plyboard), or a sheet of metal. However, if metal is to be used then ensure it is thick enough to soak heat whilst staying cool.

The insulation sheet is purely a divider between the two appliances. Any joiner or handyman can do this task if following the installation routine of the manufacturer.

I notice you have not yet rated the assistance I gave you.. This is the only way I get credited both for responding to you, and for the time that I spent diagnosing your issues.
Please reciprocate the assistance I gave you, by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.