Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a whirlpool semi pro 3lced9100wqo tumble dryer that i

hi i have a whirlpool semi pro 3lced9100wqo tumble dryer that i changed the belt on and forgot to connect the thermistor back up so now have f22 on display. can you tell me how to clear the fault code thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi have you reconnected the thermistor?

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have measured the thermister at 15.7kohm and checked for circuit back to main board all ok
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi thank you, ***** ***** sure everything else is connected securely and then let me know if you still have this error.the F22 is for an open exhaust thermistor circuit. The exhaust thermistor is located behind the bottom front panel on the blower duct. It is a small plastic part with 2 wires attached. It is on the right, beside another plastic part with 2 wires that is the thermal fuse. The thermistor should be about 10,000 ohms at room temperature. If open, replace thermistor.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
checked thermister and all connections. machine was working ok until I replaced belt and forgot to connect the thermister which has given me this code. I just need to know how to clear the code
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi that code would clear simply by unplugging the machine for 30 minutes. There is nothing to reset other than that

But check the wires going to the board as well to be sure they are where they need to be and that they are in fact connected at the board end and also that they are not pinched anywhere.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
already told you I have checked for circuit back to the board and it has been unplugged overnight
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thanks,

in this case you may have damaged the main control board or may need a new thermistor.

I would try checking the wires for continuity that run from the sensor to the board to be sure they aren't OPEN.

If they are good all the way from the thermistor end to the board, then replace the thermistor.

Its a cheap part. If that works Great! if not, then you will need a new main control board unfortunately.

I have been a technician for over 30 years so I Am sure of this and how to check it all.

The value you got when checking the thermistor is a little low anyway so I would replace it.

Please rate kindly so I can remain with you until we have this fixed.

We will get it.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thermister is reading low because it is cool here here the machine is if i warm it a little with a hair dryer it goes quite quickly to around 8000 ohms but still doesnt reset
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi thanks, ***** ***** are sure the wires to the thermistor are ok, then unfortunately during the repair the main board had a failure.

What likely happened is not your fault. Let me explain.

Electronics are live even when these things are turned off, there is always power to the power supply section of the board so its warm to hot. Once you unplug it after its been powered for so long everything cools down and that's where the trouble begins. The tiny varnish coated wires in the transformers etc are now weak and frail. SO when they cool they break, and cause trouble like this.

You can fix this by replacing the main board.

The best place to get a new board is: https://www.whirlpool.co.uk

Phone: 0344(###) ###-####Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm.

If you call today they will ship today ;-)

I would call to order this board, be sure to tell them you need a board with a pre programmed PROM IC!

Otherwise you may get one that needs programming and that will cost more as you would need a tech to come do that for you;-)

Please rate my service kindly.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.