George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Rangemaster 110 electric - the fan oven stopped

Customer Question

Hi I have a Rangemaster 110 electric - the fan oven stopped heating up (fan still running, just no heat). I've fitted a new element - still the same problem. I've also fitted a new thermostat - still the same problem. While I had the back panel off I noticed a wire that looked black at the end / maybe burned out, but that is over on the other side (behind the LH non-fan oven).
Do you think this could be the problem, or is there something else I should try on the fan oven side? Thanks, Neil
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello Neil, my name is George,

Can you tell me the serial number of the appliance please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'll check when I get from work and let you know. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it's a Rangemaster 110 electric 6138

Can I have the rest of the serial number please...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6138 106188

Have you set the timer to manual?

Is there power coming out of the timer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes the timer is to manual, & there is power. All features working apart from the fan oven not heating up

Ok, hav you tested the thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fitted a new thermostat last night, as the new element I'd fitted unfortunately didn't solve it.

Ok, test the thermostat?

Have you got power at the element?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry not sure how to test them? - found a service manual online for instructions on fitting the parts. How do I know if there's power at the element?

You use a test probe... If you do not have one or do not know how to do this, you will need to get someone to assist you who knows what they are doing.. It is highly dangerous to investigate this if you are not sure of what you are doing.

Please rate the assistance I have given you so far.. I will then make my self available to whoever you find to assist you with this.