Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

RSG5UUMH no ice production Assistant: Thank you. Can you

Customer Question

RSG5UUMH no ice production
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Samsung Fridge freezer not producing ice
Assistant: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** can you tell me if you press the button under the ice maker does it go through its test procedure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no button under the ice maker. The ice maker is on the door, there is a reset button at the top of the ice maker and when I press it I get a chime from the control unit.

If you press and hold the top left and top right buttons in together after a short time the leds will start to flash you should then get a 'ding dong' and the display goes blank if there is a fault shortly after this point a segment will be flashing that forms part of the temperature number. Can you do this and come back to me with the resulst.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are four led displays, the right display is flashing 9
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Ian, I had to go out so was unable to respond further. I have done self diagnosis and the result is the r/h led flashes R1E this code translates to ICE MAKER operation error according to the samsung web site.