George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Novotronic washing m/c leaking out of soap dispenser

novotronic washing m/c leaking out of soap dispenser drawer.Seams to be from conditioner side
any answers?
Jim
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Remove the soap tray.. in the soap try is a removable section in the conditioner compartment called a syphon, remove that and you'll probably find gunge blocking it.. give it a scrub together with the tube that it fits onto.. then place it back into the tray and test..

Please let me know if you still have problems.. Otherwise, please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided (5 stars is best) at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cleaned both the hyphen and pipe and tested ,it still leaks and the conditioner area is full of water
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the floor area is soaked it runs out of the soap dispenser then down the face of the machine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done as you suggested and it is still leaking anything else you can recommend?

Ok.. Can you check that the appliance is level and not tilted forwards at all..

Also, remove the soap dispenser again, then using a milk bottle or similar container, pour some water into the hose at the base of the container...

Let me know what happens

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you mean pour water into the hole under the dispenser as there is no hose attached to the dispenser
The machine is level
The wife used the m/c last evening whilst I was out.She says that it operated without leaking but It did not pick up the conditioner it stayed in the dispenser
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just poured water into the hole beneath the dispenser and it goes straight through into the drum
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does the syphon slide clip to the rear of the dispenser or just slide in the guides at its rear