Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My fridge freezer (zx99) stopped cooling but the internal

Customer Question

My fridge freezer (zx99) stopped cooling but the internal light and controls seemed to be all right. When I called in a technician he told me that I needed to replace the circuit board behind the controls. This was easy to do, and I'm sure nothing was broken in the process, but it's still not working! The light still works and the controls are all definitely connected. Is there something I have to do to make the new circuit board work properly or is there another possible problem?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi This is Tech Michael,

Will the compressor run?

And do the controls seem to operate, to turn on and off the compressor?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Micheal,
Just had a look at the compressor and it doesn't seem to be making any noises. Are compressors relatively easy to replace?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The controls seem to operate just fine. all the right beeps!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for that info.

As for replacing the compressor you still may not need one.

You may need a part called a hard start to hook to the compressor. Its for compressors that become harder to start and that new "hard start" replaced the relay connected to the compressor.

I would try that first, but a new compressor costs about $300.00 and needs to be solder fitted and then freon needs to be added. That's something only a tech can do ;-(

There are many reasons this one isn't running, and in this case rather then spend a bunch and wasted time to boot, I would just bite the bullet on this one and have a tech come out and check it, that would cost about$ 65.00 but he can tell you exactly what is wrong;-)

Then you come back to me, and I will help you fix it without any further charges.

I wish I had better news for you on this one but I will remain in contact with you until the fridge is running like a champ once again;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool; I'll get a guy in! Thanks very much for your help!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome ;-)

Please rate my service using the ratings buttons;-)

Have a great day!

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

This way I can keep you in the loop, no additional cost ;-)