Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a De Longiheat pump ground scource heating showing

I have a De Longiheat pump for my ground scource heating showing Error 31, What does this mean?
Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full model # ***** your heat pump

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will go and look on the back. On the front is R410A. Is that It?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot get access to the back of the machine
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you one min...

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your patience,

What will the unit do when you turn it on?

Anything other than display the error?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, teh temperature is the alternating figure in the display at 65, which seems normal
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that. Please unplug this unit and wait 30 full minutes. this may clear the error, also make sure the filter is clean and in place fully.

Also how old is your heat pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The machine is 4 years old., but the error code first appeared 2 years ago, but did not seem to affect te system, now we are having problems and I want to eliminate this to sort it out. It seems it is difficult to find an engineer locally to sort it out for me.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I understand that, no one local usually works on these.

That error usually means the system has frozen up internally.

The bet thing to do in this case really is to unplug it for two full hours, that should cure it. If it doesn't the unit needs a professional internal cleaning is all.

Whats happening is that the lint build up between the coils has gotten wet and cold, and is sending the error.

I will help you any way I can with this.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The current problem is that this unit is 'piggy backed' onto a gas combi boiler which is designed to supplement the heating at times of high load ( cold weather). At the moment the three way valve is stuck open, recirculating the hot water from the combi boiler which switches itself off without heating he radiators. Cold his be a result of the error code?,
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I see, thanks for explaining that. In that case YES it could very well have everything to do do with the error.

And it may be that the Gas combi needs service as these Delonghi unita rarely have this issue.

It sounds like the gas combi need a professional cleaning. That would likely solve this one;-)

I didn't know that until now lol.

Thanks for letting me know!

Once they service that I think all will be resolved. I swish I had better news for you on this, I really do but you do need a service call on the gas combi unit.

Please rate kindly before you go I will still be available to you for 30 days, no further cost.

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. The central heating circuit is being cleaned ( it was very dirty) so I will try and find someone to service the heat pump. Thanks for your help, i will fill in the feedback positively for you.
Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Im glad I could help.

Please rate kindly so I can close this for us;-)

Have a great day!
Tech Mike