Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Why is water leaking from my whirlpool refrigerator?

Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full model #?

Also how old your fridge is approx?

And can you tell me if there is any heavy frost on the insider rear wall in the freezer?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do not have model no. Nearly 20 years old. No frost on inside rear wall of freezer.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Ok thanks, ***** ***** check the inside walls, the model # ***** be there, you will need that if you end up needing a part.

Is the fridge and freezer keeping cold ok?

And can you please check the door seals all the way around for me and let me knwo if they seem to seal everywhere?

Also one thing that would cause this is if its hot and the door(s) were left open slightly for a period of time that would cause an overflow when the unit goes into defrost.

What I would do now, is defrost this one with the doors OPEN for 24 hours. Then re start it, That should solve the issue.

Its due to ice build up on the cold coils behind the rear wall inside the freezer, and likely the drain tube is clogged with ice, so the water is now running out all over the place to the floor.

That will cure this problem.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi I am trying to call you now

Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

The system has me on hold while it is trying to connect with you

But it seems to be taking too long.

I will try again

Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

The system says it can't complete this call at present. maybe a down phone line somewhere?

But basically if you defrost as I recommended this water leaf will go away.;-)