Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Electrolux EL624 Dishwasher. The water no longer gets hot,

Customer Question

Electrolux EL624 Dishwasher. The water no longer gets hot, is it element or PCB related?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

For a no heat it could be either as if its nit heating then its either the heater or the pcb that causes this.

What i normally do first is remove the front plastic control panel and remove the pcb there. Open the plastic casing and remove the board and inspect it. Check for dry joints or burn marks as what happens on these is the heater relay gives a bad solder joint. If so then resolder it and this usually cures the fault.

But if the pcb looks ok then you need to pull it out and remove the right hand side.

There you will see the silver heater cylinder at the back. You need a multi meter to test this. Check the resistance of the heater and see if faulty. It should read about 28 Ohms roughly.

If faulty then the heater needs to be replaced.

Check them 2 first and see what you find as for it not heating then its usually one of the above. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's got an element in the bottom of the washer. Im a little confused

Can you double check the model number then please. As thats not the full model number so i must have looked at a different version.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry mate, ESL624 & the bloody things just started working!

Thanks. Sorry i was giveing details for a different model.

This model is timer controled rather then pcb so you can rule the timer out as these dont really fail and give this fault.

Plus as you say now its heating then again you can rule the heater out as this either works or it doesnt. But what you need to do is check the thermostat under the metal tank,

Remove the metal cover at the front of the dishwasher under the door.

There look under the dishwasher and towards the front attched to the base of the metal tank is a thermostat. It touchs the tank so picks up the temperture of the water. What happens is the paste under there wares off and it doesnt make a good contact with the tank. Refit this and bend the metal bar up which you will see holding the thermostat to the tank.

Then retry it and see how it goes from there. As with you saying its working its possibley something to do with this.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cheers mate

Your very welcome.

Just wondering how you got on with the dishwasher as the question is still open. Do you still need more help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer that will close it.