Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi zrb324nwo in which the freezer is icy but

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi zrb324nwo in which the freezer is icy but the fridge is room temperature. I have removed the freezer interior back panel to check for ice - it is clear and the vents to the fridge are unblocked. How9ver, observing the fan running and it appears to be blowing air INTO the freezer section, not taking it out. Is this even possible? The blades are spinning counter-clockwise with the trailing edge leading (ie. Sharper, sickle-shaped part of the blades going first, not the wider, broader side) Thank you
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

The vent is at the bottom of the evaporator inside the freezer at the back.

If you have removed the panels inside the freezer to exposse the evaporator look at the very bottom of this in the middle as this is were the vent is. Ice builds up in there which blocks the air flow so looking at it it all looks clear.

But you need to have a good look under there and feel under there to access the vent as most of it is hidden by the evaporator itself.

Check that and make sure thats all clear then refit the panels and retry it and that should cure the fault.

As on these appliances this is the most common cause for the fault you have.

Let me know what you find.