carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

I have a Bosch Sensixx B25L steam iron which no longer

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Sensixx B25L steam iron which no longer generates steam. The temperature control still works but the green light does not switch on to indicate the steam is ready and no steam is generated. Can anything be done to rectify this?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. It could be that the steam jets are blocked with limescale you could try this to see if it helps, if it does not work it could be the pump or element has failed.

Do not use descaling agents for rinsing out the boiler, as they could damage it.

1. Check that the appliance is cold and unplugged for more than 2 hours, and that the removable water tank (1) has been removed from the steam generator.

2. Place your appliance on the edge of your kitchen sink.

3. Unscrew the boiler drainage plug located on the bottom of the appliance using a coin.

4. Holding your steam generator in an upside down position, and using a jug, fill the boiler (in the base unit) with 1/4 litre of water

5. Shake the base unit for a few moments and then empty it completely over a sink or bucket. To obtain the best result, we recommend that this operation is done twice

6. Important: before reclosing, make sure no water remains in the boiler.

7. Replace and tighten up the boiler drainage plug with a coin