Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an Electrolux Inspire 14780. When the cycle finishes

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux Inspire 14780. When the cycle finishes there are the normal clicks to suggest that the door interlock has operated but I still can't open the door. I've tried several spin cycles but the door still won't open. Leaving the machine unplugged for a while makes no difference.
How can I get the door open?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

In this case you have a failed door interlock.

It needs to be replaced anyway so you can simply pull on the door until it opens, or place some string around the inner seal part of the door and pull tight, that will release the door lock so it will open.

Its an easy part to replace if you are a little handy and have a few basic tools.

I will help you all the way with this replacement.

The best place to order a new door interlock mechanism is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

I would call them to order thi spart as they will ship it the same day in most cases if you call, also you will be sure to get the correct part;-)

Please call: 0844(###) ###-####/p>

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've replaced the interlock. Closed the door and the same problem occurs. I think the interlock is working: isn't that what makes the loud click(s) at the end of the programme? Now for using the string: where, exactly, do I put it?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

you wrap it around the door so that the string pulls on the latch. That should do it;-)

But if the door interlock is not broken, then the main board is the fault.

But if you do hear the interlock click, and you are SURE the interlock is whats clicking then let me know, as it may be something else. A defective interlock or not properly aligned.

Please rate my service kindly.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks. I'll have a go at that on Monday.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Sounds good, please rate now so I can remain with you until we have this all fixed. No additional cost for that;-)

Have a great weekend!

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tried the string. Got it visible through the door both top and bottom but door did not open. Eventually opened the door with brute force and b****y ignorance. The door handle was broken.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

H I kind of figured it would go that way.

It's not an easy thing to do but if you were experienced that would have helped lol ;-)

Im here when you need me ;-)

Tech Mike