carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

DTR - HV250 Digital Recorder installed in 2011.

Customer Question

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I am sorry to say but it sounds like the hard drive inside the unit has failed. IF you format it, the drive may work again for a while but I suspect this may be short term. It is likely that you will not be able to access your recordings again once you format the drive they will be lost and because the drive is likely to be corrupt now I suspect they are lost already.

You could try a factory reset from the menu but again this is likely to format the hard drive in the process

The hard drive could be replaced in the unit but I feel the cost would be near to that of buying a new recorder.

I am sorry I cannot suggest anything else.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Do you need any more advice or are you happy for me to close the question on my screen.

Please remember to rate my service.