Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Samsung eco bubble 8kg washing machine, last nite

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a Samsung eco bubble 8kg washing machine, last nite it wouldn't run. We put a small wash in and selected cottons, the water came on and went in, done some draing and then when it's supposed to start washing - nothing.
I did some googling and after a bit of research things pointed to a pressure sensor, I bought a new one, it arrived today and I fitted it, and the same not functioning is still present.
Any ideas?
Best regards
Darrell
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi Darrell , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full model # ***** your washer?

Also how old approximately it is?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael, thanks for the helpIt's about 18 months old - I'll checkThe model is WF80F5E2W4XDarrell
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael, just checked it. Was boughNoember. 13 so 30 months old.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael, are you still there?
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi I am here just had to step away for a few mins

Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi Darrell,

Is it like it just fills then empties?

Does the drum turn at all?

Thanks Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi MichaelYes it empties, then fills, then you expect the drum to turn but doesn't, then it just hangs and the light with the bucket \_/ with with || in it just flashes and nothing happens..... At this point I would expect it to start rotating slowly starting the wash cycle
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi Darrell,

One last question, does it fill and drain at the same time, or drains just after filling?

Thanks Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi MichaelLet me double check now BRB
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi Darrell,

OK

Thanks Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi MichaelOk so. What it does is it drains first (as I'm presuming it thinks it has water in it from a previous dud cycle), it empties what was in there as I can hear it draining out, then it fills, then it hangs waiting to turn.Darrell
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ps I also drained using a spin cycle and checked and cleaned the filter - all fine, I did it about a month ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Thanks Darrell,

so it will spin?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry no it didn't spin, but I used that setting to drain the water as I knew it wouldn't add water so I could clean the filter, just after it drained on that setting it should of started the spin cycle, but didn't.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Darrell,

unfortunately the motor stator has failed.

It will need to be replaced.

Its pretty easy to do if you are handy and have a few basic hand tools.

The best place to get a new stator is: http://www.espares.co.uk/browse/at1085ma596/washing-machines/samsung

It is best to call them to order this part so you are sure you get the correct one ;-)

Call 0844 9777 888

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great weekend Darrell!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael, that's great news, I used to be an engineer and am handy in fixing things (if I know how!!). I have ordered from Espares before so I will be able to get the motor stator from them and fit in in myself of that I'm sure.I'll give you a good rating and hopefully you can continue to help me IF its not the stator and something else.Thanks Michael, hopefully this solves things.I'll be in touch.Best RegardsDarrell
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi MichaelI went to remove the motor this afternoon and took it off to ensure I was ordering the right part and I came across a broken connector wire. I removed the inner terminal receptor (with difficulty as you need to push a splay to one side), then soldered the wire back and crimped it and re-fitted and the machine is up and working again. In reality I need a new loom I'm guessing so if it fails that's what I need to replace?Please see image attached, at least it saved me a stator or new motor purchase.What are your thoughts?RegardsDarrell
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
actually i cant seem to attach an image? not sure why...
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi Darrell,

That's great news!

Yes you did the right thing. I would have done exactly the same thing ;-)

If it keeps breaking then yes you will need a new stator.

Yeah I didn't get the image either?

But Im sure I know how you did it ;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

But if the wire is now securely attached it should be ok. You should always try to make a good mechanical connection as well as solder because solder can melt if it gets too hot, and its not meant to be the only connection for something like this;-)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hi Michael, by stator do you mean a wore loom? or a motor part? looking at what a stator is its part on the inner motor?Just want to clarify o if it breaks again i know what im doing :)BestDJ
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
wire loom i meant lol
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi DJ, so are you saying the wrapped wire broke? The varnish coated wire? The one that makes up the stator?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if only i could sen you the image!! lol, its a wire that came out of the connector that connects the loom to the motor, on the loom side, the motor side is no problem.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
actually it worked this time. have a look
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Your very welcome!

Awesome!

Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

That will work ;-)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it has. :) so to be clear (so i dont have to bother you again), if this fails again, is there such a thing as a spare loom i can refit? i think the motor is sound.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi yes you will be able to replace that as well, but its not called a look lol;-)

Its a plug in wire connector do the stator .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sweet - thanks for all your help, without you pointing me in the right direction i wouldnt of found it!!All the best and i need your help in the future ill be sure to find you.Have a good weekend :)all the best.Darrell
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Anytime always happy to help;-)

Have a great weekend Darrell!