Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a 2007 Belling Kensington 90DF satin steel range

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Belling Kensington 90DF satin steel range oven. It needs a thorough deep clean and there is also surface rust over the outer steel doors.
I have now taken off the doors, separated the inner and outer fascias and thoroughly cleaned. The door fronts have gone off to a specialist paint sprayer to be resprayed.
However, I have a couple of problems:
1) Oven door glass: I can't seem to remove the glass section to clean between the two glass panels which are quite dirty inside. The manual suggests that the glass slides out but I can't see how this is possible? In fact, even when I've taken the obvious screws out, it seems to be sealed tight.
2) Fascia plate with knobs/dials. This has also rusted in places and has scorch marks. I want to take it off to really clean it and possibly have this resprayed in a high heat paint as well but again, although I've moved obvious screws from the front and side, it's loosens along the top but seems to be firmly secure along the bottom. What else do I need to remove to get it off?
3) Internal door insulation pads. During cleaning, some of these have got wet and crushed, where can I obtain new insulation pads? It seems to be some kind of layered fibre covered in aluminium foil...
Any help would be appreciated. New parts seem to be a bit obsolete on the Bellingspares page.
Many thanks,
Lara
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 4 months ago.

Can you let me have the product code for you model please, its a long number starting with a 4 5 or 7 something like this###-##-####-- Ian

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Ian,I can't see this anywhere, unfortunately.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but apart from the fact I bought it in 2007, it looks and seems to be exactly like this one from 2009...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there?

The product code is usually in the main oven door at the bottom of the frame and also on the back on a label. Unfortunately the parts and diagrams are all done on product codes not model or range numbers, there may be 20 or 30 versions of the Kensington.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model number aside, can you help with any of the original questions? i don't need any spare parts. I was hoping someone with Belling experience might be on here and able to tell me how to remove the fascia strip with the dials/knobs?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I imagine the basic construction would be very similar?

OK usually you have to take off the top, and quite often the side panels to remove the facia once you have taken off the knobs. Also screw under the facial area above the door. As I said if you had the product code I could send you the illustrated diagrams for it but without it its guesswork.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi there,I've just found the model and serial number on the back of the original manufacturer's handbook!Model:###-##-####Serial no: 701101C8If you could help with diagrams etc or whatever is needed to help get the glass off and top fascia off (as per original question) that would be marvellous!Plus, there was also a question about the door insulation as well?Looking forward to response.Many thanks,Lara

If you send me your email address to -***@******.*** I will send you the illustrated parts list for your perusal. This makes it easier to see how the thing goes together.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many thanks!
***@******.***

You should have the diagrams by now - could I ask you to rate the information given sofar by selecting from the star rating at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge, thanks for using JA come back to me if you need further help and have a great evening - Ian