Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a di474 the last few washes haven't been draining

Customer Question

Hi I have a di474 the last few washes haven't been draining properly and now it just stops about 2 minutes into a wash and turns off. It will not turn back on immediately after. I originally thought it was dead but it did turn back on after 5 mins. It's only 15 months old. I was wondering if you could help identify the problem :)
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

When you say it goes off do the lights all turn off completey?

And did they turn themselves back on several minutes later without you pressing anything?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yea lights go off completely and no they don't turn back on

Ok so do you need to turn it off and on again to get the lights to come back on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that's what I had to do . First it wouldn't turn back on but when I held the switch down it went on

Ok for this fault its possibley the on/off switch thats causing this here.

But the first thing to try if you havent already is run the dishwasher in a different plug socket just in case its a faulty socket as they can fail like this during use.

But if the socket is fine then you need to remove the wooden door panel and then remove the front plastic control panel.

There you will see the on/off switch on the right. Inspect this and see if theres signs of burning on there. As they can burn and cause this fault. If it looks fine then you need to test it with a multi meter to see if fault.

But if the socket and the on/off switch are both fine then its looking like the control board itself is the fault here which is the part that has the lights on it. In this case the board will need to be replaced.

So check the socket and on/off switch first as from what you say i think its one of them thats the fault here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thanks I'll check it out

No worries.

Just wondering how you got on with the dishwasher as the question is still open. Do you still need more help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer that will close it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yea it was none of what you mentioned. I cleaned the filter and it works again now

Very strange how a blocked filter caused the dishwasher to loose power. Never in my 30 years of fixing appliances have i seen a blocked filter cause lose of power to the control board. As all the blocked filter can do is restrict the draining and filling not lose the power to the control board.

Glad to hear its working again but just keep an eye on it as to be honest this wont be because the filter was blocked as that cannot cause the lose of power on the control board. If it goes again then check the above and see what you find.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My freind is coming over tomorrow to have w look at it, I'll let you know how it went :)

No worries thats fine.