Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Zanussi tumble dryer, ZDC 37200W, MAKES A SOUND LIKE IT IS

Zanussi tumble dryer, ZDC 37200W, MAKES A SOUND LIKE IT IS TURNING ROUND BUT IS NOT TURNING. IS THERE A DRIVE BELT I CAN CHECK AND HOW DO I GET ACCESS TO THE BELT IF THERE IS ONE. i HAVE TAKEN THE COVER OFF THE HEATER AND HAVE TAKEN THE TOP OFF BUT CAN SEE NOTHING OF THE DRIVE MECHANISM.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Yes there is a belt that runs around the drum and motor and tensioner pulley.

But please do me a favor so I can be sure whats wrong. Please open the dryer and turn the drum by hand, let me knwo how it feels. Is it hard to turn or super easy like no resistance as I suspect?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE DRUM TURNS EASILY 1 FINGER IS ENOUGH AND JUST MAKES BRUSHING SOUND
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks for that info.

Yep its a bad belt, Im sure it snapped its a very thin belt.

The best place to get a replacement is Ransom spares. http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

I would call them to place the order for the new belt, in that way they ship the same day so you will have it very soon ;-)

Please call them: 0844(###) ###-####

I will help you change this belt out, the from needs to come off as well as the top lifted, I will help you all the way once you have the belt.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael