Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an AEG Favorit F34502VIO. A short time after any

Customer Question

I have an AEG Favorit F34502VIO.
A short time after any cycle is started the machine makes a single beep and the end light flashes. According to the manual this fault is caused by the machine not getting any water. I have removed the fill hose and checked the solenoid filter which was clean. The solenoid is working and the machine is filling but still the same alarm. Occasionally, the alarm changes to two beeps (drain time out) but is emptying correctly. All hoses are kink free. The drain filter is also clear. Any ideas?
About a month ago, it started to leak out of the door and would not drain but I couldn't find anything wrong and, after checking the hose, filter, etc it worked fine.
It's almost as if the plc is confused.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your washer?

Also how long will it fill before it stops with the beep?

And what do the lights on the display do at that point?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael, It's two years old. The fill time is around 5 minutes. (I can time it if it's critical). When it starts beeping, the end of cycle light flashes in time with the beep. According to the manual, the single beep indicates no water or long filling time so could be a water sensor/capacitance probe. Having said that, it does fill with water. On the odd occasion that the two beep fault occurs (Drain time out), the machine is always empty. This is why I thought it might be an issue with the plc controller.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi thank you for that, no the timing isn't critical.

Yes you are correct. the Main control board has failed and needs to be replaced.

Make sure you tell them you want one with a pre programmed PROM! Other wise the y could send you one that hasn't been programmed and that would cost you more to have a local tech come in and do that;-)

Its easy to do and I will help. One piece of advice, take pics of the old one before disconnecting the wiring plugs so you know for sure which one goes where. They are all different so it hard to mess that up anyway lol

The best place to get a new main control board is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

I would call them to order this part. WHen you call they usually ship the same day;-)

Please call: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Brands » AEG

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael, thanks for the information! Is this the correct part I need: AEG DISHWASHER CONFIGURED ELECTRONIC,PB200 for F34502VI0? Also, how do I access the controller? If the machine has to come out that will be a real pain!
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi no the machine doesn't need to come out, I will help when you have the new controller.

And yes that is the part you need ;-)

Thank you and have a great weekend!
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good morning Michael,
The part(s) arrived this morning from Ransom Spares.
I wonder if you could offer a little advice on how to proceed.
Looking at the smaller of the two units supplied, it is the control panel. So, am I correct in assuming that I just need to dismantle the inside of the door?
Cheers,
Mat
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi Mat, yes that is correct. Once you have exposed the control panel you shoudl be able to see how to replace that one.

Its pretty simple;-)

But let me know if you need more help this.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael,Yes, the control panel is easy to get at. What about the PLC unit?
Is this in the base or at the back?Cheers,Mat
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi the Main control panel shoudl be where the PLC is;-)

Let me know what part(s) you have, maybe send me a pic?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi,So, I received two parts as shown in the first photo.
The second photo shows what is inside the door.
When I ordered the part it did not specify that there would be two parts.Cheers,Mat
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Thanks Mat,

yes the best way to locate it is to follow the wires down to the PLC, and once the main controller is replaced and the PLC things should be better. Let me know. Usually just the main control board is the problem on these but you never know so Its good you got both ;-)

Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Looks like the PLC is in the back. Can't see it anywhere near the pumps at the bottom.
Also, changed the control panel. Now no lights even come on.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi, make sure you connected everything correctly and that power is ON at the mains.

Also check the junction box to confirm power there in side the dishwasher where it connects to the main supply voltage;-)

You really need to check this with a meter or a 240 VAC test light.

Also it is possible you received a bad board, but that is unlikely although it does happen occasionally.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
changed the plc. Had to remove the whole dishwasher to do this and the machine is now totally dead. (no lights at all)
There is voltage at the plug, the fuse is fine and there is voltage at the machine.
Is there some sort of reset procedure once the plc has been changed?
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi, no there shouldn't be anything you need to do, make sure no wires actually slipped off. Check that all first. But if you still get no lights and it wont turn on then yes you likley have a bad main control panel but I would return both parts to be sure as there is no way to test them;-(

But.. that said, usually is a wiring error or a wire has come off somewhere else during the proceedure.

Ive been there a million times and Im well expereienced.

Tech Michael