Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have just cleaned our Bosch HBC84K561B/02 combination

Customer Question

Hi, we have just cleaned our Bosch HBC84K561B/02 combination oven. Now the microwave only runs for 2 seconds then stops. The door seal is straight and in good order. Any suggestions please? Stephen
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi Stephen, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Did you get alot of water inside the unit when you cleaned it?

Alos how old is your combi oven?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I used a proprietary oven cleaner on the bottom and sides, and got some water in the bottom of the oven whilst cleaning out the residue. I have removed and cleaned the glass plate covering the aerial at the top of the oven. The appliance is 6 years old.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi Stephen,

I wouldn't do anything just yet.

It sounds like the control board is wet or damaged.

But Im betting on WET for now lol;-)

Open the door and run the oven for about 20 minutes 325 or so, with the door open. then turn it off. Next turn off the unit from the circuit power panel in your home please turn off the power to the oven for 30 full minutes then you can turn it back ON. Please let me knwo if that helped?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you Stephen, fingers crossed for you here lol;-)

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't leave the door open with the oven on as it is a built in oven. I am running the oven as I type.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi I understand, then you can run it with the door closed but open it as soon as you turn it off to allow steam to escape. This may take a few tries but it may very well fix you issue as i believe it has to do with too much moisture getting to the control board circuitry;-)

I have many years experience in electronics as well ;-)

Please rate kindly so I can remain with you for the duration until we have this working correctly ;-)

Thank yo Tech Mike

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi, after 5 cycles of heating and cooling with the door open, no success I'm afraid.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Im sorry to hear that!

It may have been coincidence, or the board may have gotten wet possibly.

In any case.

Do you get any error messages? Or blinks or strange different beeps on the keypad display?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi, no error messages, just input the time for the power level selected and all starts as normal then 2 seconds later it stops and the display resets to telling the time. I have a technical background having looked after telephone exchanges, I have checked and tested the door switches both mechanically and electrically and they are operating correctly.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi Stephen,

Yeah the door switches wouldn't cause this problem in this way.

What happened is the main control board failed more than likley.

I need to know one more thing, does it sound normal when it runs for the two secs? Or is it any different sounding during that time?

Thanks Stephen.

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No it sounds perfectly normal.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Thanks,

you will need a new main control board, it is the one connected to the keypad.

Its easy to replace and no soldering just a few plugs and a ribbon cable to connect;-)

The best place to try for that board is: http://www.espares.co.uk/

I would call them for this as they dont list all the parts they carry on their site .

Please call espares: 0844 9777 888

Let me know how it goes?

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** be a day or two before I get to do it, but I will let you know. Thank you.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Sounds good, please rate at this time so I can remain with you on this until it is working as it should once again;-)

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael,Just replaced the main board as suggested and all is up and running, many thanks Stephen