Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a Whirlpool ADG 957 dishwasher. When we run it on a

Customer Question

We have a Whirlpool ADG 957 dishwasher. When we run it on a hot programme it seems to work ok for a while but then stops with non stop beeping on the pre wash and on opening the pre wash button is lit up. There is no water in the dish washer when we open it.
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your dishwasher?

Also do you live in an area that has "hard" water minerals in the water?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The dishwasher is about 15 years old - previously reliable. We are in a soft water area. All filters and spray arms are clean. Hope this helps.
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

Considering the age it sounds like all you have is a bad water inlet valve (solenoid) electrically operated valve.

This is an easy paer to replace and I will help if you need me ;-)

Its not very expensive either.

The best place to get a new water inlet valve (solenoid) is : http://www.espares.co.uk/

It is best to call to order thi spars since there are many different types of these solenoid valves out there that they carry. So it you call, you will be sure to get the right one the first time and also if you call, they ship the same day !

Please call espares: 0844 9777 888 .

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful Sunday!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. I have checked with e spares but they are closed until tomorrow. Obviously we will have to balance the cost once known against the age of the dishwasher. A further issue is how complicated it is to replace the part. Are you able to say how difficult this is likely to be?
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Hi it takes me about 15 mins to change this part but I have been doing this for many years lol, the part is no more than $40.00 US and you will be able to do it in about an hour or less. it comes with everything you need, which isn't much stuff, and its super easy to replace a water line, and a simple wiring clip;-)

That's all there is to it.

Please rate kindly at this time so I can remain with you, no additional cost for that;-)

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Michael, just for information, we decided that as the dishwasher was 15 years old we would replace it. This does mean that your advice/solution wasn't followed up so I am not able to say how effective it would have been. Anyway, thank you for your service and I did rate you highly.
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Thank you and have a great day!

Im sure the solution would have worked. But considering its age if you can a afford a new machine that would be best ;-)