Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We inherited a Samsung Fridge/Freezer from our son when he

Customer Question

We inherited a Samsung Fridge/Freezer from our son when he moved. Naturally he could not find the instruction manual. The model is RSH1DTSW. We believe it to be around four years old. A couple of weeks ago we noticed that the freezer and fridge temperature settings had moved from around -18 degrees and -5 degrees respectively. They are now -23 and 13 degrees and we do not know how to re-set the temperatures to their correct settings. Please advise.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

here may be a problem with the control board in this fridge, but here is a free copy of the user manaul for this one:

http://www.manualslib.com/products/Samsung-Rsh1dtsw-343453.html

Please visit that link, you can copy print or save the link on your computer all free of charge;-)

What i would also do to attempt to solve this issue, is to defrost this one with both doors open for 24 hours and have the fridge UNPLUGGED for this operation so everything can reset ;-)

Then after this is done, you can plug it back in and see if it now operates correctly with respect to the set temps.

Please let me know if it happens again, it will likley work fine after this for at least a few weeks.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful Sunday ;-)

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If I turn the freezer off for 24 hours will the contents be okay.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi No,

You need to make arrangements for all the contents so the unit is empty. It needs to completely be defrosted with the doors open and the fridge unplugged.

I wish I had better news I do ;-(

Please rate kindly at this time so I can remain with you until we are sure this problem is solved 100%.

Thank you and have a great day!

Once you rate you will have access to me for 30 full days;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is it possible to buy a control board and replace it ourselves and what kind of cost would be involved?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi, yes;-)

There is no soldering needed it just simply plugs in to the existing wiring clips.

If you will rate kindly I will tell you also the best place to get that board, and stick with you until this is complete;-)

Tech Mike

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the rating!

The best place to get a new control board the one in the back is: http://www.espares.co.uk/

But its best to call to order this board so you will be sure you get the correct one as there are many different boards;-)

Please call espares: 0844 9777 888.

Please let me know if they have one for you, also then let me know when you have the board so I can advise you on the proper installation;-)

​Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Many thanks. Will come back to you when we have decided which way to go.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Ok sounds good. Please keep me posted;-)

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have contacted espares by phone. They do not have the exact part and they will have to modify one to suit this model. Are coming back to me in a couple of days to confirm they can do this and what the price will be. Why is nothing ever straight forward!
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi lol, I know the feeling.

They likley discontinued this part so they will find you one that will work;-)

At least they have something that will do the job.

Please remember to rate my service kindly so I can be with you until this is all done;-)

No cost for that ;-)

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Espares have not been able to supply a part or even a modified part so we resorted to turning the fridge/freezer off overnight and it seems to have done the trick. It has stayed consisten for the last 18 hours so hopefully the problem is solved. No doubt it will shortly be time to buy a new one but it won't be this model, not enough freezer room. However many thanks for your help.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi I think I may have mentioned that as well to you lol.

Sometimes a reset will help, but its possible that there is a defrost component to blame for this issue.

You will know if the problem re occurs in about two weeks, if not then your fridge is OK;-)

I will add you to my priority list when you rate my my service to you in a kind fashion, there is no additional cost for that. And then you will have access to me for 30 full days so we can be sure you wont need a part.

Usually when this problem occurs and clears up with a bit of defrosting, there is a bad component in the defrost circuit. But easy enough to test and repair;-)

Please rate now,

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi I see you have rate Great!

We all set, just let me knwo if the problem returns by writing me her;

Tech Michael