Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a problem with my Rangemaster American fridge freezer

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a problem with my Rangemaster American fridge freezer as the freezer door keeps opening slightly when you open or close the fridge door, any ideason how to cure it please?
Thanks,
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's model number SXS663Serial number ***********
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that. Open the fridge door and keep the freezer door closed and have a look at the seal there and make sure its sealing against the cabinet and theres no gaps there. Check all the way round the seal.

Also remove the bottom freezer basket and check to see if theres any ice building up on the bottom there and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked both and they all look in good order?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

OK What you can try is adjust the freezer door hinge at the top.

Pull the appliance out a bit and you will see the hinge at the top. You may need to remove the plastic cover on there.

Then loosen the screws on there and adjust the door a bit and tigthen them back up and then try that and see what happens as it may just need a bit of adjustment on the door hinge there.

Let me know what happens

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't see any screws and the black cover goes back into a recess
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Sorry not sure what recess you mean.

Have you got the appliance out?

If you look on the very top there should be a cover on the hinge that you need to remove. Do you see this?

If not then post a picture of the top of the freezer door hinge so i can see what recess you mean.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are a couple of pics, the hinge goes into the top of the unit
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok is that a lid thats above the hinge then as i cannot see clearly on the picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the lid to the whole fridge/freezer
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok if your version has the lid on then at the back of the top panel you will see some screws. You need to remove them and then you can remove the top panel and access the cover from there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, I'll try tomorrow
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok no worries thats fine.