Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Still having problems with this appliance anything else can

Customer Question

hi still having problems with this appliance anything else can be. im getting no reply back

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi,what is the appliance and what is the issue you are having with it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is a range cooker cm10frc keeps tripping. changed the clock thermo fuse selector and element was working then tripping again. but i have not changed the grill or the other oven element but as i say was working

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi, its not my area but usually when a fuse is tripping it is most likely an element. It may be when it gets hot that it expands and shorts out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok im going change them as well. they arrive tomoz. what i find strange is it worked half hr, then when we came back after 2 weeks nothing on it at all just trips

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok im going change them as well. they arrive tomoz. what i find strange is it worked half hr, then when we came back after 2 weeks nothing on it at all just trips. the thing is too not even on to short out no power at all im trying say to you 2 guys

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I am going to opt out and let the cooker guys answer you if they are available. All the best with it. Changing the elements hopefully will solve it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

lol yes would be best

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am Tech Michael.

When you switch on the breaker, how long before does it blow the breaker?

Please explain clearly so I can help;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi micheal. it breaks straight away.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ok, what you need to do, is check the places where a short has occurred.

it could be one of the top burners or one of the oven elements.

That the first thing to check.

I would unplug them all, and then apply power.

Also check the wiring block on the back of this one for signs of trouble.

it also can be a bad control board. (the one with the clock).

To check that unplug that as well and then apply power. One of these is surely the fault.

Make sure you turn off the power before each attempt!

Once you have them all disconnected, strat one at a time re connecting and powering, until you find the ONE that you connect that causes the short if you havent already seen the issue like a wire off a top heating element or a broken oven element;-)

Then you will know for certain whats bad.

Once you know, please re contact me and I will help you with the best place to get that part in a hurry and for a great price!

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi micheal. not sure if you know what happened with this cooker as i thought i was continuing from the guy was talking to before i went on holiday. what it was is i bought the oven 2nd hand as one of the ovens did not work at all, not even the fan and the other was slow at cooking. so i changed the clock still nothing. so changed the element on the one that was not cooking right and then it kept tripping, so i contacted someone he told me check the clock and neutral no beep then got a beep from doing something else which was told was thermofuse. after this test. i got it running half hr after that.. then came back from holiday tried to use it but now keeps tripping as soon as switched on. so changed the thermofuse again still tripping. checked all wiring even the clock again but that is fine with beeper think that was ok lol been a while but sure i got test right as that is why i am here again. so now you up to date micheal.... but i will be doing what you say tomorrow as i have a new grill element coming plus the fan oven side element coming if need them. but before i put these in i will be doing your tests 1st. just wish i was told this by the other expert 1st. or is it because i put low information required?? regards kev

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hey Kev,

Awesome!

I got it now.

I agree with all you said as well. At least I know you can do the work if you end up needing more advice from me on this. I WILL get it working as it should for you if that doesn't pan out.

I will stick with you please rate so I can.

There's no additional cost associated with that.

Thanks again Kev for the excellent description, now I know how to advise you ;-)

have a great night .

And remember to rate kindly.

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi michael. all working. i did your test. ended up been some of the wire connectors that go to the resister switch touching each other so caursed it to trip, must of settled in to each other when we was away when i was messing. so what i did was replace my new parts with the old still worked, so will be sending the other new elements back and the clock and resister. £90 back there. worth paying the £22 here altogether i suppose. thanks michael. regards kev

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Keven thanks for the update, sometimes it works out like that as yo never really know what the problem is until you get into the machine lol