Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a fridge freezer Purchased in 2004. E ref is

I have a fridge freezer Purchased in 2004. E ref is KGU30604GB The warning light for the freezer compartment has been coming on and the freezer defrosting. After a short time and for no apparent reason it resets and works. it cane on overnight and is still on.
Please advise how to proceed.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Im sorry to hear of your trouble.

How old is your fridge?

Also is there any heavy frost on the inside rear wall of the freezer?

And are the door seals in good order all the way around the door?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Purchased in November 2004. E ref. KGU60404GB. Rear of the freezer compartment and the door were free of frost when we noticed the fault this morning. But it was off long enough overnight for some fish fillets to defrost. However, no pools of water this morning. Door seals look fine.
Now here is the nub of the problem. I have just checked the state of the freezer compartment. The warning light is now off and it is getting cold again. It is an intermittent problem, but annoying because the freezing is not reliable
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that info. Thi si going to be the control board to blame for this issue.

But you can try a full reset by unplugging the freezer for 24 hours with the door open.

Make sure you place a towel on the floor inside the freezer to catch any pools of water. Then dry it out and well, and re start the freezer, set it at mid point on the T stat.

Give it 12 hours and let me know how it is doing then;-)

But, In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly at this time.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried turning it off for 24 hours and turned it on this morning. Warning light still on and now the fridge compartment is not cooling, which it did before I shut it down.
What to do now?