Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Siemens dishwasher SE25M575GB/17 that has simply

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Siemens dishwasher SE25M575GB/17 that has simply stopped working, no lights no noises. It stopped with a bang, "like a plank of wood falling flat on the ground", the wife's words. PCB had burn marks on the inside of the casing and new relays have been fitted. I can check the supplies from the switch and see 240v at the live and various 12v at the others. I don't have nor can I locate a wiring diagram to confirm if these are correct. I cannot seem to get it back to life. Please help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If there were burn marks on the PCB, replacing power relays is not likely to solve the issue. Other components were likely damaged. Did you replace just the power relays?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm waiting for the report but the tech who replaced the relays said that there was another issue, I won't get the report until tomorrow however.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He did say that the relays were good, he replaced them anyway with new ones that I sourced from the original manufacturer.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect the entire PCB will need to be replaced. Would you like the wiring diagram and service manual to work with once you get the report?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll come back to you tomorrow, when I get the report, how can I confirm the pcb is needed as it's quite expensive?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, if there is power at the PCB but it is totally dead, it is indeed faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping for PIN numbers and expected voltages for me to confirm, I'm an ex BMW master tech and understand how to test things, but the details for PIN numbers etc are needed, can you help with those?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I offered that but you said you would let me know tomorrow.....

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The wiring diagram and the service manual are attached. Check for line voltage at the pins from the main power switch. If you have power to the PCB, it is faulty if it does not light up. The manufacturer does not provide board level schematics, so there is no board troubleshooting you will be able to do once power is verified.

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** you need me to answer to get paid, I'll check the diagram tomorrow. The service manual isn't exact but I assume it's the most correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you also have voltage expectations, as it's a mixture of 240v, 12v and 6v
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The voltage to the board is line voltage, 230 VAC. The loads are all 230 VAC (wash motor, drain pump, etc). So the only important voltage is the one into the PCB. If the PCB is dead and it is getting voltage, that will confirm failure.

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no240v to the board, from pin 5 when switched, even if i bridge this to give me 240v and manually put it to the board it doesn't light. But definitely no 240 at 5 when switched
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even if the connector to the board is diconnected
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If that is the case, the power switch is faulty.