Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch KIM3040 fridge freezer. I have fitted new

Hi, I have a Bosch KIM3040 fridge freezer. I have fitted new hinges cos old ones broke. Now after a couple of months the top door is sagging, just a millimetre or so. But its wood facing is rubbing on the wood facing of the bottom door.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker You can adjust that, its likley that the screws weren't tight enough,

You need to make them pretty tight.

What you need to do is loosen the top hinge, then either prop the door on something to hold it where it needs to be or have someone hold it UP while you tighten the screws. That should solve this.

I know these well lol ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much. Michael. That has restored the gap. I used a big screwdriver and came within an ace of stripping something, I think! I certainly didn't do that first time round.If the problem comes back what would your next step be, please.the fridge is 15 years old but the wife still wants to load the door with milk etc. i have told her not to. What would you advise.Many thanks for your help. marvellously quick and simple.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi if the trouble reappears you can write to me here by simply replying to this message.

Once you rate, kindly, you will have access to me for 30 days;-)

Please rate at this time so I can remain with you.

It should be ok, but if you do develope an issue I will walk you through the repair steps.

Thank you and best of luck for now.

Tech Michael ;-)