Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Rotac 36 lawn mower which has worked perfectly 4

Customer Question

I have a Rotac 36 lawn mower which has worked perfectly for about 4 years. Recently a small red plastic piece suddenly appeared as I was cutting some longer than normal lawn grass. It is 9cm long and at its widest is 22mm. At this end there are two open holes each of 7mm radius in the plastic on two "horns" which are 16mm apart. the top of these are in line with the smooth top of the 'handle' which has 18 indentations in it. the bottom of this "handle" has twelve square holes of varying depths. It looks as though the piece is designed to apply pressure with a wire or rubber fitting in the two open holes. Although it appeared in the grass box area there are no grass stains on it. Since it appeared it has become much more difficult to change the depth of cut but the mower still works as before. A pity I can't send a photo. I have cleaned the area around the adjuster mechanism and cannot see where/how this bit fits in. I hope you can work out what I am describing and that you might be able to send a photo of where the piece fits in. Thank you for any help you can be.
Andy Gordon
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Have a look at this diagram and tell me if you see the part? http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/diagram/bosch/lawnmowers/467279/rotak%2036%20(3600h81b73)/