Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My integrated freezer has all lights showing, and yellow

Customer Question

My integrated freezer has all lights showing, green and yellow (tried putting it on fast freeze) but alarm is going off as temperature has dropped to -10 instead of -21, and will not go any higher. It is 8 years old and wondered if it is repairable.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can hear a fan which stops when I open the door. The temperature is stable on -10 and has not gone any lower yet.
The model is an AEG ARCTIS 18 50-4i.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Any frost on the back freezer wall?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no frost on back wall
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you remove the wall from the inside of the freezer and post a picture of the frost pattern? It sounds like there is a leak and you are losing the refrigerant charge.