KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a BEKO DWD 4311W. The machine fills with water but

Customer Question

I have a BEKO DWD 4311W. The machine fills with water but doesn't commence the wash cycle. After a few minutes it drains
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... it seems water is in the base and causing this issue... with the dishwasher unplugged pull it out and tilt it by 45 degrees so that excess water drains off... plug it back and try it again, let me know how it goes
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did as you said and the dishwasher completed a cycle but we have the same problem again after only three washes so I'm wondering whether there is another underlying problem. I haven't tilted it again yet in case you want me to try something else.

As it worked for three washes I think their is a leak at the base of the unit causing this issue... with the dishwasher unplugged pull it out, lay it on its back and inspect for the leak...repair/replace the part.... If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK I did that and removed the base plate. There is evidence of a small leak from the pump housing - only a few drips per day probably - nothing major. I decided to drill a small hole in the base plate so it cannot gather and will monitor it. It's now back in position and working again.

OK, If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK thanks. Will monitor it for a few days and see if that's fixed it.

OK sure ....

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The machine has been fine for the last few days but last night the same problem reappeared. I left it switched off over night and then it worked again this morning. So there seems to be something causing it to stop working which then resolves itself. Any more thoughts ?

Have you checked it for leak

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There was a minor leak, occasional drip, nothing serious, no substantial water gathering. In any case I drilled a small hole under the base plate so water could not gather. Maybe the switch is faulty ? Can it be disconnected ?

drilling a small hole will not solve problem, you will have to closely inspect and replace the part