Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My usual caravan repair man has been round and repaired my 3

My usual caravan repair man has been round and repaired my 3 way fridge in my motorhome. He put in a new element because it would only work on gas. The little green light remained on and after a lot of huffing and puffing the new element went in and it slowly got cold and froze. At the time there were two live wires to be connected but no indication as to which one belonged in the single connector so he guessed which one and hoped all waould be well . a few days later I had to tale the van to the canopy repairs and now on my returen the fridge doesn't work again...any idea. Should I get him to swap the brown wires over and why would there be two when there is only one connection point on the fridge ??
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Could I have the model number please. Are you saying that there were two wires that he removed from the heater and he wasnt sure which way around when he needed to connect the new heater element?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RM791.....No , he didn't remove anything . When he was reconnecting the fridge after installing the new heating element there were two brown live wires but only one connection to connect them to so he made a choice which seemed to work. He just attatched the other brown wire to one of those things that look like a clear plastic bit of lego ?. It was a 50 /50 choice which seemed to work but now it doesnt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry RM7291L
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am leaving for a few days away at 4 oclock ...any chance of some kind of answer before then?.....I expect you are busy but this process is very slow x

If you can give me the product code for you fridge I can let you have a wiring diagram which should help you work out which goes where.

Product code starts 92108

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the product code...thank you. a diagram might help but the two brown wires are still a mystery as to which one to connect as neither are marked...any ideas regard this ??

OK attached are two diagrams the first on is the original for your specific appliance but only available in German, the second one which is not for your model but is the same is in English. The only pair of brown wires I can see are those to the AC heater element which may explain why the unit is not working --