Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Neff American style fridge freezer KS942.

Customer Question

Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: We had a power cut and afterwards the freezer part has not come back to the desired temp. We tried superfast and lowering the temp to -22 overnight but still the same.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your fridge?

Also can you tell me if there is any heavy frost on the inside rear wall in the freezer?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 7 Years
No frost as described
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that info.

It sounds like the main control board is failing. This can happen when electric is on to most devices for a long time, then it gets removed long enough for the internal electronic components to cool. Once they do, they can crack, especially transformers and printed circuit boards. It swell know among technicians, and it really applies to most electronics as even when they are OFF, the internal power supply is still live and working all the time. And they are ok unless they lose power. Its also possible that when the power was restored, there was a voltage spike that took out that board in part.

Anyway, this board is really easy to replace and I will help you do that and restore normal operation.

But you shoudl first try defrosting this one full for 24 hours with the doors open to be sure as sometimes they will correct themselves if you do a reset in this way;-)

Make sure to put a towel on the floor in the freezer and one in the fridge to catch any excess water. Once it has been defrosted fully, dry off any water and re plug the unit in. You should unplug this one to do this process.

Then let me know if all is ok?

If not I will tell you the best place to get the board you may need.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael