Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

WE HAVE SIDE BY SIDE FRIDGE FREEZER MODEL NO PCG21MMFFBB THE

WE HAVE SIDE BY SIDE FRIDGE FREEZER MODEL NO PCG21MMFFBB
THE FREEZER HAS BEEN SET AT -19 BUT HAS NOW DROPPED TO ONLY -6
ANY REASONS WHY ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can hear a fan and no frost on back wall
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, okay, thank you. Is the condenser coil under the cabinet clean and is the fan by the compressor running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know - its a side by side fridge freezer and I cannot get underneath or behind as it is built in to surround
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, if you clean the coil and make sure the fan is running and still have it warming, you likely have a leak in the sealed refrigeration system that will require professional service. I would certainly try to clean the coil and make sure the fan is running, though!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!